Thursday, January 31, 2008

Is this it?

I find myself asking that question a lot lately...

- a movie I've been waiting to see
- a restaurant I've been looking forward to trying
- getting a humidifier to improve the wintertime dry air
- taking the lead on a project at work
- moving
- visiting a new place
- ...

Maybe I'm expecting too much? Maybe I'm just enjoying the journey instead of the destination? Or maybe I'm just someone who loves the idea of something more than the something itself?

I've been looking forward to making this post for a while now. Is this it? ;)

"Take on me, take me on. I'll be gone in a day or two..."

3 comments:

Jacob Haqq Misra said...

And if you find her poor, Ithaca has not deceived you.
Wise as you have become, with so much experience,
you must already have understood what Ithacas mean.

Derek said...

I prefer

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less traveled by
And that has made all the difference


but point taken. ;)

Brent Miller said...

The Great William Shatner must be quoted here:

You'll Have Time Lyrics:
(William Shatner/Ben Folds)

Live life
Live life like you're gonna die
Because you're gonna
I hate to be the bearer of bad news
But you're gonna die

Maybe not today or even next year
But before you know it you'll be saying
"Is this all there was?
What was all the fuss?
Why did I bother?"

Now, maybe you won't suffer maybe it's quick
But you'll have time to think
Why did I waste it?
Why didn't I taste it?
You'll have time
Because you're gonna die.