Wednesday, December 19, 2007

My Wild Ambitions

Today was incredibly busy at work. Three projects, all for me. Naturally, I'm refining my multi-tasking skills at a breakneck pace. But all in all, it's good. I've got a surprising amount of responsibility (maybe it shouldn't be surprising?) and I think I'm doing well. People are coming to me for answers or advice. That's a nice feeling. My travel benefits will kick in entirely sometime in the next week or so, but I won't have much of a chance to use them until mid-January I think.

I was thinking about how to the most insane, gluttonous travel in the least amount of time (to minimize vacation days used); you know, your basic graph theory problem. What I've come up with is a whirlwind West-to-East trip that can be done in ~48 clock hours and about 39.5 flight hours. Leave Friday at 3pm, return home Sunday 3pm. Distance traveled: 17,983 miles. Rough rate of travel: 374.65 MPH (including layover time). The route would be: MSP-NRT-HKG-CDG-MSP. Out of pocket cost would be in the neighborhood of $300 or less, all in Business class. ;) I'll have to wait until April or later to attempt to do this because I need the upcoming MSP-CDG-MSP flight which doesn't begin until April 6.

2 comments:

Nick Ritchey said...

Sounds fun. What's CDG (Cambodia?). I could look it up, but too lazy ^^

Merry Christmas!

Derek said...

CDG = Charles de Gaulle airport, Paris' main airport and rapidly becoming the largest hub for European air travel. :))